Friday, February 5, 2010

February 4th 2010 - sacrament skewed

So lately I have been having these crazy church related dreams. None of them long enough or vivid enough to really blog about, but last nights was pretty crazy.

So it started off i was at my parents house in Kaysville. I was running late for church (because I am always running late for church when I am going to my parents ward) and so my mom left and told me to just hurry up and come when I was ready. So It was 1:00, when church was about to start, and i hadn't even changed into my dress yet, so I thought I would just go in my pajamas, take my dress with me, and change when I got there. I got to church, sat down (still in my pajamas) and my grandma was there and so i started talking to her for a minute but the sacrament was about to start so I told her I would finish telling her my story after sacrament. So they started saying the prayer and at the end of the prayer the doors opened, and in came people pushing carts of food. I asked me mom what was going on and she said that on occasion that the sacrament was catered with desserts instead of just normal bread. I was getting really mad because that wasnt how sacrament was suppose to be done but no one was listening to me. The deacons continued to pass out the desserts to people and they seemed to know what everyone liked. They skipped our row because my sister and I were new and they didnt know what we liked. So i was sitting there trying to think about the stuff you should be thinking about during the sacrament, but was so distracted by everything going on around me, and in walks president monson, the first presidency, and the 12 apostles. The crowd got so loud and everyone started taking pictures... it was like the paparazzi went off in the church. That was when i realized i was still in my pajamas and I got really embarrassed, so i grabbed a couple pillows (because this church had them) and covered myself up until President Monson had walked past me and hadnt noticed that i was in my pajamas. that is when I realized I still hadnt taken the sacrament so I called one of the decon boys over and told him so he went and found a tupperware of cake for me to chose from, and i told him i wanted the smallest piece and he pulled out some analogy (that i cant remember) that basically told me that the smaller piece i took the less i believed in Christ. I got way mad at him for saying that and took the smallest piece i could find, then President Monson started speaking, saying that they were going to change the sacrament program and that they (the apostles) were going to sing for us... so they started to sing and they were doing westerns dances and it was crazy.

so then sacrament was over and i really wanted to go change. I grabbed my dress and headed for the door but i ran into a lady pushing a stroller, I apologized but she got really mad at me and she said "dont you know who this is? this is elias." and i said "oh thats a cool name" and she said "no this is like THE elias; The prophet Isaiah talks about him. he said that the book will come before elias and all my baby knows how to say is that the book will come before" (ok that is a whole lotta false scriptural referencing, but i think its all the stuff i have been learning in my institute class all jumbled into one reference.) so then i just looked her like she was crazy and i started to back up but i bumped into a guy carrying a light bulb and i knocked it out of his hands and it broke. I didnt stop to help him pick it up i just ran to the bathroom. I was so relieved when i got there, I changed into my dress and came out of the stall and realized that i had grabbed my dress that i havent finished sewing yet.

Then a guy came into the bathroom, yup the girls bathroom, and i started talking to him and our conversation when like this:
Me: "you shouldnt be in here, this is a girls bathroom."
Him: "I am the janitor. I can be in here if i need to be"
Me: "Oh, your the janitor. Well then i should probably tell you i broke a light bulb out in the foyer."
Him: "oh i know. I felt it. I can feel when things break. If you break an arm on a chair, my arm hurts. If you kick a leg on a couch, i feel it in my ankle. I know when things break. So i felt it when you broke that light bulb"

.... and that is when i woke up.

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAHA this one made me laugh so hard. I am still laughing!I had a great cheesecake experience yesterday that I forgot to tell you about.

    ReplyDelete